Cologne Fine Art Insurance Talks – 10th edition
KKVG No 10. Jubilee event of Zilkens Fine Art Insurance Broker GmbH takes place during Art Cologne, on Friday 19th November 2021.
Price. Value. Sustainable? - Art, climate and the insurance industry.
Topics such as Gallery Climate Coalition and NFT, as well as the contradictions therein, will be focussed during this event.
How can the art world become greener and more sustainable when even renowned museums are currently entering the cryptocurrency market? Classics of art history are transformed into multiple, energy-consuming NFTs and auctioned off to the highest bidders.
Wasting resources in line with the much-discussed reduction of the carbon footprint? Global trade fair participation versus Virtual Gallery? What about the seriousness of digital artworks? Are we creating a new El Dorado for money laundering?
Is the insurance industry ready to take new risks such as those created by NFTs? Are there any insurance products for customers collecting non fungible tokens?
The panellists promise an exciting and controversial debate and we would be pleased if our guests could be physically present.
Peter Grabowski will discuss these and many other questions with
- Dr. Alexander Wiebe, Managing Director, HDI Global Specialty Underwriting Agency GmbH
- Birgit Vikas, Managing Director, Kunsttrans Spedition GmbH
- Isabel Apiarius-Hanstein, limited partner, Kunsthaus Lempertz KG
- Stefan Kobel, Journalist and Art Market Specialist
- Dr. Günter Winands, Ministerial Director at the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media