German newspaper supplement ZEITmagazin and art magazine WELTKUNST will be hosting the new “UNLOCK” conference format for the art sector for the first time on 11 April 2019 to coincide with the first day of the ART COLOGNE 2019 trade fair.
As part of ART COLOGNE, the “UNLOCK Art by ZEITmagazin” conference will for the first time bring together international decision makers from the art scene, curators, gallery owners, institutional and private collectors, critics and artists to discuss the current relevance and responsibility of institutions active in the art world today as well as the challenges of the future.
ART COLOGNE is the world’s first and longest established art fair as well as being one of the most important meeting points of the international art scene. And this year will be no different: around 180 leading galleries from some 25 countries will gather in Cologne to present an eclectic selection of the very best modern and contemporary pieces by more than 2,000 artists from all around the world.
The stage is therefore set for intensive dialogue and discourse on the key concerns of the art world. The high-profile roster of speakers is certain to ensure that a range of views and considerations are discussed at international level.
The conference will focus on various subjects, including:
Ownership claims and the consequences of the relocation of cultural assets
• From Poland to Engadin: Muzeum Susch, Switzerland
• Art collections today – new approaches on digital and analogue pathways
• Museum financing and support in the neo-liberal age
The speakers include:
- Christoph Amend, Editor-in-Chief at ZEITmagazin and publisher of WELTKUNST
- Daniel Hug, Director of ART COLOGNE
- Johann König, founder of König Galerie
- Grazyna Kulczyk, entrepreneur and patron of the arts
- Hans Ulrich Obrist, Artistic Director at the Serpentine Galleries, London
- Beatrix Ruf, Curator and former Director of the Stedelijk Museum, Amsterdam
- Thomas Ruff, photo artist
- Professor Dr Bénédicte Savoy, Professor of Art History
at Technische Universität (TU) Berlin
- Monika Sprüth, co-founder of Sprüth Magers Gallery
- Christian Kaspar Schwarm, art collector and co-founder of Independent Collectors
- Dr Lisa Zeitz, Editor-in-Chief at WELTKUNST
The event is aimed at representatives from the fields of art, culture and media as well as stakeholders from the worlds of politics and science and associations with a connection to the conference’s theme.
“UNLOCK Art by ZEITmagazin” will be held on level three of Hall 11. Entrance to the conference is by prior registration only. ART COLOGNE will take place on levels one and two of Hall 11.
The “UNLOCK Art by ZEITmagazin” conference will take place on Thursday, 11 April 2019 (first day of the trade fair).
The conference will be held from 12 noon to 5:30 p.m.
(Opening hours of ART COLOGNE: 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.)
ART COLOGNE, Koelnmesse, Hall 11, third floor – entry by prior registration only.
Note for editorial offices:
ART COLOGNE photos are available in our image database on the Internet at www.artcologne.com in the “Press” section. Press information is available at: www.artcologne.com/Pressinformation
If you reprint this document, please send us a sample copy.
ART COLOGNE on Facebook:
Tel.: +49 221 821 2288
Fax: +49 221 821 3544
You receive this message as a subscriber to the press releases of Koelnmesse. In case you would like to dispense with our service, please reply to this mail under the heading "unsubscripe".