"- "Art Bolzano Montevideo? Global ride on a narrow ridge? The limits of the art market!?"
It's like Formula 1 and tennis: the big show travels around the world like a spinning wheel. Cologne, Basel, London and Miami are still important, but Hong Kong, Abu Dhabi, Singapore and São Paulo are at a glance.
Galleries and auction houses have become brokers of yield properties for post-industrial investors: Buying art becomes investment! Some want their profits in dollars, euros or yuan, others in media attention or by joining the global club of the mega-rich. The art trade has to invent new desires at shorter intervals, new places and new attractions. The stakes are high, the success rather uncertain: Who can afford it - and how long will it last? Has the insurance industry the right products and do geopolitical changes influence developments?
Discussion, Friday, 12 April 2019, 10:00 a.m., Europasaal
Discussion (in German only) was led by Peter Grabowski (WDR) – on the panel inter alia:
• Prof. Dr. Dirk Boll, President, Europe & UK, Middle East, Russia & India, CHRISTIE'S London
• Dr. Thomas Schneider, Hasenkamp Holding GmbH
• Eric Wolzenburg, Head of art insurance, Allianz Deutschland AG
• Katrin Stoll, Managing director NEUMEISTER Munich Art Auction House, Publicly appointed and sworn art auctioneer
• Dr. Christina Berking, lawyer, specialist for copyright and media law at Buse Heberer Fromm
Our experts from the art market, transport and judiciary as well as the insurance industry are sure to provide a stimulating and controversial discussion again.
Please make a note of the fixed date. We would be pleased to welcome you!
Contact for your application: email@example.com