6. Cologne Art Insurance-Talk
Art Insurance in times of Uncertainty
Brexit, Bank Crisis, Euro Crisis, Cultural Defense Laws, Provenance … Keywords the art market world discusses more and more. New Business models regarding art fairs, internet or private initiatives have an impact on the art market. Nationalism endangers living together of people and by the way international exhibitions. Does art need now „free conduct“, when traveling abroad?
Key terms show the variety of subjects without defined rules. Outside of conventional behavior, risk carriers have difficulties in providing sufficient insurance cover. New subjects arise like the necessity of title securitisation of artworks.
Discussion, Thursday, 27 April 2017, 10:00 a.m., Europasaal
Discussion (in German only) led by Peter Grabowski (WDR) – on the panel inter alia:
• Birgit Rolfes, Mannheimer Versicherung
• Kai Kuklinski, AXA Art Versicherung AG
• Kilian Jay von Seldeneck, Lempertz KG
• Jun.-Prof. Dr. Nicole Oberste-Hetbleck, Universität zu Köln
• Daniel Hug, Koelnmesse GmbH
Registration, Confirmation of Participation, Informations: email@example.com